Team Speed of Light
Run for Team Speed of Light 2020
The Light Foundation is an official charity partner of the John Hancock® Non-Profit Program! RUN THE 2020 BOSTON MARATHON® on Team Speed of Light. The race date will be taking place on Patriot’s Day Monday, April 20, 2020. You can be part of our team in two ways:
Charity Entry and I need a bib...
Raise $8,500 for The Light Foundation by April 17th, 2020.
Registered Runners and I have my own bib...
Raise $2,500 for The Light Foundation by April 17th 2020.
Runners on our team will receive
- Unsurpassable management. This program is managed by CharityTeams.com which provides runners with the support and encouragement to successfully meet their goals of both running and fundraising.
- An online fundraising page
- A full 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season.
- Saturday morning group runs on the Boston Marathon course from the Under Armour Brand House in Boston. Runs have aid station support.
- Discounts at Under Armour.
- Weekly hill training in Newton on the course.
- An invitation into the themed Superhero 17 Training run and the Hop21 Training run.
- Access into the CharityTeams Boston TEAm Party
- Private bus to the start.
- Kickoff meeting – pre-race gathering.
- Team branded marathon gear.
- Boundless team spirit, team organization, and runner support.
- A positive life-changing experience and memorable journey of running the 2020 Boston Marathon
All runners are responsible for the $370 race entry registration fee.
Running at the Speed of Light
In 2016, the Light Foundation was granted three Boston Marathon running bibs through the John Hancock Nonprofit Program to support our fundraising efforts. To honor this milestone and the motivated runners of our team “Speed of Light,” we hosted our first marathon kick-off party at Harpoon Brewery Beer Hall in Boston.
In just one year, our team expanded to include 10 runners in the 121st Boston Marathon. We celebrated their dedicated support at Splitsville Luxury Lanes and Howl at the Moon in Patriot Place. With special guests Nate Solder and Scott Zolak, live music, bowling and raffles, the night was a guaranteed success. Together, we raised over $110,000 for the Light Foundation!
Our 2017 runners trained through months of snowstorms to benefit our Foundation, only to complete 26.2 miles in the worst weather the Boston Marathon has ever had. We’re excited to continue Team Speed of Light and grow our team of dedicated supporters each year.