Join us for the 2023 Boston Marathon®
The 127th Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 17, 2023. The Light Foundation is proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program. The Non-Profit Program has provided our organization with bibs to provide us with a significant fundraising opportunity to further our mission of helping young people in their leadership journey.
Team Speed of Light is currently accepting applications for athletes who would like to run the 26.2 mile race. Accepted applicants receive invitational entries to the Boston Marathon that waive qualifying times. Registered qualified runners with their own bib are also encouraged to join our team.
You can be part of Team Speed of Light:
All Team Speed of Light athletes will receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the Boston Marathon through raising a minimum of $10,000
- Invitation to attend TSOL Marathon events
- Personalized fundraising page
- Fundraising support and guidance
- Access to an experienced Boston Marathon running coach and community (CharityTeams)
- Training plans
- Organized weekly group long runs on the Boston Marathon course
- Weekly correspondence with nutrition advice, injury prevention, and training tips, and tricks
- Access to a community of Boston Marathon veterans
- Assistance with Marathon weekend logistics
- TSOL Race singlet
- Additional Light Foundation Swag
At this time, proof of vaccination will not be required for participation in the 2023 Boston Marathon. However, all participants are expected to follow B.A.A. protocols and procedures related to COVID-19 mitigation and public health. B.A.A. COVID-19 mitigation efforts will be guided by policies and procedures established by the CDC, state, and local public health officials in the lead up to April’s event.
BYOB – Bring your own bib. Runners who have their own bib for the Boston Marathon can also run with Team Speed of Light for a fundraising minimum of $5,000. Apply below and select you have your own bib.