Join us for the 2022 Boston Marathon®
The 126th Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 18, 2022. We are excited to be an official partner of the John Hancock Non-Profit program!
Team Speed of Light is currently recruiting charity runners who received entries through qualification or outside invitations for the 2022 Boston Marathon. All fundraising by TSOL runners directly supports the Light Foundation’s mission.
You can be part of our Team Speed of Light:
On Monday, April 18, 2022 (limited spots available). Fundraising commitment: $10,000. Registered qualified runners with their own bib are also encouraged to join our team.
All Team Speed of Light Boston Marathon members will receive:
- Ability to run the in-person Boston Marathon race on Monday, April 18
- Invitation to attend TSOL Marathon events – TBD
- Personalized fundraising page
- Fundraising support and guidance
- Access to an experienced Boston Marathon running coach and community (CharityTeams)
- Training plans
- Organized weekly group long runs on the Boston Marathon course
- Weekly correspondence with nutrition advice, injury prevention, and training tips, and tricks
- Access to a community of Boston Marathon veterans
- Assistance with Marathon weekend logistics
- TSOL Race singlet
- Additional Light Foundation Swag
Please note: BAA Covid Guidelines for the race continue to evolve. The Light Foundation will observe all the health and safety regulations and protocols set forth by the race directors and the commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Participants in the 2022 Boston Marathon will have the opportunity to purchase registration insurance; additional details will be shared prior to registration in April.
- All runners are required to be vaccinated or have a medical exemption pre approved by the B.A.A .to participate in the 2022 Boston Marathon.
- All participants are expected to follow federal and state travel guidelines, including any and all pre-travel testing requirements and quarantine requirements that are in place at the time of the 126th Boston Marathon.
- The B.A.A. will continue to follow the science and all developments related to COVID-19 and will modify the event plan as necessary.
Want to join Team Speed of Light?
You can join us in person on Monday, October 11th, or anytime virtually between October 8 – October 10, 2021! Click below to apply now!